Tuesday 18 November 2014

One-upman(cat?)ship


I know I'm a little overdue, but inspiration not only didn't come a-calling, it packed its bags from its previous visit and left me with nothing. Thankfully, it did a fly-by today and I reckon I can get some writing done.

If you recall from last week, Maxie was sulking because we called her a busybody. Well, she is, but the princess wouldn't admit it. So, to get her out of her sulk, her magic feathery wand came out from storage.

"Maxie, come play," I called.

"Hmmph!" she responded, not looking. Of course, that didn't last long... 


Look what I've got, kitty.

 
You know you want it


Following some waving, Maxie finally caved in and stop resisting. Below are some pics of her camwhoring. ;-)












I doubt if Maxie could resist her wand for long. It's the cure all for her kitty sulks and listlessness. Hehehe.


Once we got her out of her slump, she started showing an interest again in the world around her. From a "go away I don't want to talk to you" cat, she became a "Ooh, what's that? And that? Or this? Ooooh birds!"

"Ooh, birds!"


Kitty finally got around to staking her claim on her domain again. Especially since Fiona was staying the week...new toys and new things to own!

"All your stuff are belong to me!" she meowed at the gf.



"Your bag is mine"


"Your clothes are also mine"

"This bag is mine!"


"Er, Little Miss Kitty, you do know that that's Daddy's bag right?"


"What do you mean that's daddy's? Uh oh!"


Feigning exasperation, I took my bag away from her and Maxie scuttled off to the bedroom in embarrassment. I'm sure if cats could blush, she'd look like a tiger.

While I was gone during the day for lab work, Fiona decided to embark upon another cleaning project. Now, as my readers might recall, the last time the gf did this, a certain kitty's favourite resting places got well cleaned of cat fur. This time, the wily cat was ready for it!


"You leave my stuff alone!"

Note the "The Rock"-ish stare. If you smeelllllll-ell-ell-ell, what the cat is cooking?


Fiona wisely declined to challenge the princess. However, the joke's on Maxie as her daddy decided to wash her canvas bag bed anyway. Affronted and clearly blaming the newcomer, Maxie decided to administer some payback.


"I'm just going to give you a quick tug"

"Gotcha!"


"Maxie, what are you doing?" I cried, espying the naughty kitty in mischief.

Startled, my scaredy cat made a beeline to kitty haven and did her best to be innocuous.


"I didn't do it. I'm cute, pet me!"


I resolved to keep a close eye on my misbehaving kitty, but thankfully the two females in my household had agreed to a mutually satisfactory relationship: Fiona gives treats and offers pettings, Maxie pretends not to enjoy the attention but secretly craves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment