Wednesday 26 November 2014

Maxie - The Sheet Change Supervisor

I opted to change my bedsheets the other day, and it proved to be more of a chore than I had expected. Now, a normal person changing the bedsheets would more or less follow this workflow:

  • Discard pillow cases > place pillows off the bed somewhere > take off the current sheets and comforter cover > put on new sheets and comforter cover > put on new pillow cases > replace pillows on bed


However, for this particular cat slave, the workflow is somewhat altered:

  • Remove cat from bed > discard pillow cases > move cat from chair to put pillows on chair > move cat from bed > take off the current sheets > disentangle cat's claws from comforter > move cat to cat tree > remove comforter > ignore death stare from cat > tuck a corner of new sheet into bed > tuck second corner in > tuck third corner in > tuck fourth corner in > notice cat is missing > notice a lump in the middle of the bed under the sheet > remove sheet to see cat sleeping underneath > remove cat from bedroom > close the door > ignore piteous mewling > put on new sheets > put on new pillow cases > replace pillows on bed


Kitty supervising sheet change

Kitty deciding to get involved in sheet changing



Kitty realizing paw is stuck in comforter

Kitty wondering if I should change the "sheets" on cat tree


So, once that arduous task was done, I decided to change the floor mats too. 

Kitty wrestling new floor mat


After straightening the floor mat for a minimum of four times, I gave it up as a lost cause and left Maxie to it. I sat down and took a much needed breather. Minutes later, I decided to check on the busybody kitty...


These sheets are NAIS


"So you like the new sheets then?" I asked her.


"Uh-huh...."

Satisfied that her highness approved, I went for a shower and came out to this:


Zzz............

I snuck out of home without waking the princess, and it seems to be kitty sleeping season as I looked about for my stray kittens and found them thus:

*snuggle*

A capital idea! I forewent feeding them, returned to my room and joined Maxie in the comfy bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment