Wednesday 31 December 2014

Kitty Logic

I'm afraid this will be a short-ish post, as inspiration seems to be a elusive thing to be captured of late.

I stepped out of the bathroom one day to this, and decided to watch quietly as the drama unfolded:

Being given a talking-to


"Maxie, why won't you let jiejie (elder sister) pet you? Jiejie really wants to love you, but you won't even let me touch you. Haven't I given you enough anchovies to warrant some love?" complained Fiona.

"Meow?" came the inquiring reply as Fiona's finger waved entrancingly in front of kitty.

"Yeah, jiejie really likes you. Let jiejie pet, please?" begged the missus.

Hmmm...looks promising?

"Meow, anchovies...." crooned my princess, as she sniffed Fiona's finger, remnants of the scent of the anchovy treat/bribe offered moments ago clinging to it.

"Yes! Come, let jiejie sayang (love) you," squealed Fiona excitedly as she reached out to give a tentative pet.

'nuff said...

Maxie performed the "shrinking cat" routine; ducking her head lower and lower away from Fiona's outstretched finger (yes, just the one!). With head tilting at an angle to keep an eye on the offending limb, chin touching the bottom of the pad and the finger right on the verge of giving that loving stroke, kitty displayed a feat of agility and disappeared from her perch in a blink of an eye, staring up imperiously (yes, it's possible if you're a cat) from the floor.

"Why are you trying to touch me, hooman?" she demanded.

"Why won't you let me touch you?" cried Fiona, clearly irked. She stood up in a huff and stalked out of the room. Kitty stood at the doorway watching her with beady eyes of satisfaction before hopping back on her perch.

I exited the bathroom fully and seated myself upon the missus's vacated chair.

"Maxie," I began.

"Meow?"

"You're a very mean kitty," I chastened her.

"I know right?" she chirruped brightly.

"Can't you not be so mean to Fiona-jiejie?" I demanded.

"Uhm....nope?" she responded, somewhat cattily.

"Whyever not?" I asked, incredulous.

"Cos that would just make her worship me more!"

I was left speechless at this exchange.

"Fine, I'll ask Fiona-jiejie to stop giving you treats then," I finally replied, getting up.

"Huh? Why?" Maxie asked, bemused.

"You know why!"

No more treats? Egad!

It's been Day Two, she still hasn't repented. We shall see...

On that note, it's been a fun 2014, happy new year, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment