Tuesday 29 April 2014

Hunting cat

After our attempt at transforming my cat into a kungfu kitty, things started to wind down around the apartment. Maxie started, for some unknown reason, to be a little bit more clingy. That is to say, she started hanging out beside me while I'm on the computer instead of sleeping in the living room. I think she's taking her guard duties a little seriously. Definitely NO cuddles still, cat on duty here, excuse me!
I've decided, in the absence of martial arts training sessions, that the kitty wand toy..er..training tool, will be kept somewhere safe, where she wouldn't have unsupervised access to. We wouldn't want Maxie to start developing any world domination ambitions now, do we?
Initially, the wand was kept on my computer desk behind my laptop. Maxie has never shown any inclination to visit my computer table...until now. One night, she jumped up and nosed around until she found her wand hidden underneath the rubble and made off with it. It was a tense stand-off between the two of us until she finally agreed to the trade of tuna for wand. *phew*
So, the weapon of mass blackmailstruction needs to be stored somewhere safe!


My "secret" hiding place


I wanted to encourage her on the table and thus folded up her towel that was meant to be her bed but she insists on using the darned recycle bag...sorry, got carried away there. So I folded her towel behind my laptop where the wand used to be, to tempt her to sleep there while I'm on the comp, presumably to foster some bonding time...
 

I don't know what you're up to, human, but that soft material you have there is stupid!


As she sat on my desk, she started making some rumblings.

"Sla-...er...daddy! I want my toy! I wish to practice my boxing skills now, please?" she deman..., I mean requested, somewhat imperiously.

"Nuh-uh, Maxie, you've had your fun earlier. Daddy wants to rest now. Daddy's had a hard day," I replied, while rubbing her on the cheek.

"I want my wand NOW!!! I know you have it! You've hidden it!" This time, the demand was unmistakable. Loud MROWLS over and over. Even the densest of non-cats could interpret that!

"No, little one. No more playing. It'll be bed time soon, and you know how you get if we have games before bed!" I stood my ground. (A quick detour, if my cat gets over-stimulated right before bed, she will dream that my toe and/or foot = scratching pad and will bite and scratch it industriously while sound asleep!)

Maxie wouldn't stand for it. She started rummaging around the desk, digging under the towel I set aside for her and finding nothing. Meowing constantly. No doubt using some choice words on yours truly!

Unable to help myself, I remarked to her, "I've locked it away. You won't find it, baby. Just give it a rest. I'll play with you tomorrow."

Maxie jerked her head up at my snide tone and shot me a dirty look reminiscent of this:



https://img.pandawhale.com/post-31741-you-underestimate-my-power-gif-KdeZ.gif


She continued her quest and started hanging her head over the side of the table, sniffing at the drawer furiously. Unfortunately, before I got a pic, she jumped off.


I know you have it here, you scoundrel!

Much to my consternation and amazement, she did manage to find it, and started pawing at the drawer. I figured that with the drawer closed, it was safe enough. I laughed at her and went outside to do something and returned to find this happening on my desk:



Just a little bit more...and I'll get it!


Giving in to another night of unrest, I opened the drawer and gave it to her before she converted into "claws of destruction" mode on my table. *sigh*


Kitty decided that the towel was good enough for warm up exercises with her toy

Wham! Wham wham wham!

"Meowhahahahaha! You cannot resist my kitty of doom charm! Now bat me with that wand so I can show you how awesome I am!" cried my catketeer.
 

Claw of doom

*pounce*
As soon as her highness was satisfied, I sneakily threw the wand out the bedroom door into the hall and closed the door in her face. :X

"Wait, what are you doing? HOW DARE YOU!??" exclaimed the cat.

I turned a deaf ear to her yowling, and it was torture. She pawed and scratched at the door and complained. Boy, did she complain!  I brushed my teeth and washed my face to the accompaniment of the kitty yowpera..

Suddenly, there was silence. Could she have...? Naw, it couldn't be. It's too much even for her, right? I mean, isn't it ridiculous to even think that she might've opened my bedroom door to get her toy back?

Full of trepidation, I peered out of my bathroom door. The bedroom door remained closed. Phew! But where was kitty?


Awww....
 Goodnight, folks!

2 comments: