Monday 21 April 2014

Wing Chun Kitty



 This past week, I decided to go on an Ip Man movie marathon. For those of you not in the know, Ip Man was the "sifu" of the great martial artist, Bruce Lee, and a grandmaster of the Chinese Kungfu called Wing chun or "Forever Spring (young)"


My kitty was going through a lazy period and deigned to grace me with her company on the couch whilst I indulged myself in a bit of on-screen fighting. Initially, she just laid on the couch dozing, but eventually she opened first one eye, then two, and perked up as the action got more and more intense. Looks like I just made her into a fan.

First she was "Meh!", then she was like "Ooh!"






 I don't know about you, dear readers, but after watching certain action-packed films, I have the urge to emulate the action on-screen. Usually this urge is easily repressed, unless I watched any of the Fast & Furious franchise, but that's another matter altogether. *Grin*

This time, however, I was inspired to project that desire of emulation onto my little princess. Since she's been showing signs of developing into a guard kitty, it was only LOGICAL to provide her with some martial arts training, no? And so chaos ensued...

"Maxie! Come here, girl. Daddy's got a new game for you!" I sang to my cat as she was about to settle into some deep feline introspection (I call it sleep, but she insists otherwise). 

An eye opened.

"C'mere, you! Look what daddy's got for you," I cajoled while holding up her favourite used earphones. 

The other eye emerged.

I dangled the earphones further and watched as her head came up, and before you knew it, we had a full fledged training programme happening!









Watch my stance, villain!










Hai-yak!



Success! But this is only the first step. How do I get her to practice and train herself while I'm not home? After all, SOMEBODY's gotta guard the cat food! ;-)

So once again, I turned to Bruce Lee for inspiration:





I had to find a kitty equivalent...but how?

"Daddy! I know! I know!" came the mrowl from my now-enthusiastic cat. I eyed her quizzically.

"Gimme my wand, I'll show you!" she entreated me. Deciding to indulge her, I gave her the kitty wand toy that she loved (usually resulting in many kitty "love scratches" on my hands...) but do not get access to too often as it made her act like she was high on something...

Plonk!
  


Hoo-yak!
  


Die, now!

 It was a very proud moment for me, I had tears in my eyes (okay, it might've been due to the holes she left in my hands...but yeah whatever) watching her practicing her new-found skills. Finally, I decided to test her to see if she's ready for the "real" thing.

The resulting pictures were a little blurry due to the indescribable speed that my kitty has progressed into, almost Bruce Lee-esque:


Warming up...

Stretch....
Hua hua hua!!!

So, finally proving to me that she was able to take care of things, I was able to rest well at night.

"Well done, Maxie! You are now officially a guard kitty!" I proclaimed proudly.

Her reaction?
 

My guard kitty with the last of her food

 "Whatever, daddy. I'm just going to curl up with my last can of cat food and ignore you for the rest of the day now."

Yeap, that's my little girl alright...

2 comments:

  1. I added you to my blogger reading list :P your kitty dah pandai Wing Chun, next is karate? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so no need to tag you next time? ;) Thank you for your support!!! ^^

    Much appreciated. It is my aim to be able to do a weekly posting...hopefully we don't run out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete