Thursday 9 October 2014

The New Housemate


Greetings, readers!

After a few days' hiatus due to bad internet and tough work times, here's this week's installment, at long last! It will be a short post, as I'll be posting again next week. Enjoy :)

Well, I finally got a new tenant at my humble abode, after a year's wait. We've settled pretty much into a routine, Maxie and I, just the two of us. You can imagine what a shock it was for her that someone new moved into the house all of a sudden.

The night he moved in, I woke up in the middle of the night to espy Maxie crouched at the bedroom door, peering beneath the gap between door and floor, desperately trying to glimpse the intruder.

In the morning, I let Maxie out of the room as per our morning routine, and she couldn't take her eyes off the previous "guestroom".

I smell somebody new!

Is it safe?


"Baby, leave the door alone," I chided.


But daddy, there's someone THERE!

"Yes, yes. I know. I just let someone move in with us yesterday, Maxie. You'll just have to get used to it," I said impatiently.

Someone, MOVED IN?

Her consternation evident, Maxie prowled around the house uneasily. Always returning to watch his room.


8am

9 am

10am

I left home and locked her up in my room as usual. When I returned that night, the new tenant was out, so my guardian kitty wasn't overly fussed with his room. HOWEVER, apparently he had spent some time on the couch, for Maxie started a furious sniffing session at the place where I usually sat.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I asked, amused.

"Somebody was HERE! He sat on YOUR COUCH! I can SMELL him! We need to be on our guard always, daddy!" she mrowled.

"I know, I told you, someone moved in!" I reiterated.

She shot me an annoyed glare.

"I hate you for letting someone move in. You had to spoil a good thing, didn't you? Now I have to be on guard all the time so he won't steal my tuna. Hmmph!" she sulked in a corner.

I was soon back in kitty's good books, however, thanks to the sound of her canned food being opened. She spent the next two nights peering under the door gap, then, having decided that the new tenant wasn't apparently going to invade our bedroom, was soon back in her corner in bed again.

Ah...silly kitty. She still hasn't actually met him though. That would be interesting. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment